ONLINE osha TRAINING COURSES
OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH ADMINISTRATION
- The OSHA 30-Hour safety training is a comprehensive program for field supervisors, safety directors, foremen and construction workers. This OSHA outreach training program is designed to ensure safe, healthy working conditions for men and women in the construction industry. This class covers OSHA standards and procedures, fall protection, health hazards, electrical hazards, worker’s rights and more.
- Under Local Law 196, New York City now requires all workers within specified job sites to meet new requirements. By December 1st, 2018, all workers must have a Limited Site Safety Training Card. To obtain this, workers must complete a 30-hour OSHA course.
NYC Dept of Buildings Notice:
- Local law 197 of 2017 introduced new training requirements for construction workers and supervisors. To qualify for a Site Safety Training (SST) Card, workers must complete 40 hours of training by September 1st, 2020.
- You can complete the OSHA 30-Hour Training and follow with the 10 hour Site Safety Training. This is the easiest way to get a combined 40 hours of OSHA training. The 10 Hour Site Safety Training (SST) includes 8 Hour Fall Prevention Course and 2 Hour Drug and Alcohol Awareness Course. You can complete your OSHA training online at Guardian Group Services.
Construction Workers and Supervisors
OSHA cards don't expire. However, per New York City Department of Buildings, only cards issued within the past 5 years can work on any site.
The 10 Hour Site Safety Training is now required by NYC Department of Buildings. It is a supplemental course taken after the 30 Hour Training.
Showing all 2 results
Online 10 Hour Site Safety Training (SST)$199.00
Supplementary OSHA construction training. You MUST complete the OSHA 30 hour training before you can begin the SST 10 hour training.Book Now
Online OSHA 30 Hr Construction Training$325.00
A comprehensive 30 hour safety program for field supervisors, safety directors, foreman and construction workers.Book Now
Looking for OSHA training in NYC? The OSHA 30-hour and 10 Hour SST courses focus on construction safety. To reach the NYC DOB required 40 hour of training, you can complete the online 30 hour OSHA and 10-hour SST. After successfully completing the online courses, you will receive a certificate of completion. You will also receive your OSHA DOL card - also known as OSHA Card from the Department of Labor.
Upon completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Recognize worker rights and employer responsibilities under OSHA
- Discuss OSHA standards and procedures such as inspections and filing complaints
- Define methods of controlling the focus four hazards that construction workers may be exposed to
- Identify ways to select appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) and life-saving equipment
- Explain risks associated with unsafe use of scaffolding equipment on construction sites
- Identify what the responsibilities are for both employers and employees
- Understand importance of respiratory equipment
- Learn about hazard communication program for construction
- Learn about confined spaces, the hazards they may present, and ways to safely work in them
Guardian Group services provides OSHA compliance training and courses designed for the construction industry only, not for the general industry.
Construction is a high-risk industry, and the high-hazard it poses to workers is often overlooked. Construction workers engage in many activities that may expose them to serious risks. Falling from rooftops, unguarded machinery, or being struck by heavy construction equipment are all possible hazards. Electrocutions, silica dust, and asbestos also pose a risk.
For additional official resources, you can visit osha.gov