ONLINE SECURITY GUARD TRAINING
Guardian Group's Online Training Is Approved
by The New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services
- Guardian Group Services has been approved by the New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services to teach all of our security guard classes online - the 8 Hour Pre-Assignment Training class, the 16-hour On-The -Job Training, and the 8 Hour Annual In-Service Training for security guards, via ZOOM.
- The 8-hour Pre-Assignment Course is required by New York State in order to meet the license requirements and obtain a security guard card from the New York State Department of State. The 16 Hour O-T-J is required 90 days after starting work as a security guard. The In-Service Annual class is required to keep your NYS Security license in good standing.
- Our instructors teaching this live interactive online guard training class are all professional, experienced, and most importantly certified by NYS DCJS.
- Licensed security guards are now more in demand than ever before. Enroll today and complete our online security guard training to become a licensed NYS Security Guard.
- Certificates of completion will be emailed to students immediately after successfully finishing the class.
- Payment can be made online. We accept credit or debit cards.
Showing all 6 results
Online 8 Hour Pre-Assignment Training$60.00
This course is required to complete as the first step in obtaining a security guard registration card from the New York State Department of State.Book Now
Online 16 Hour On The Job Training$125.00
The 16 hour security guard training course must be completed within 90 days of employment as a security guard.Book Now
Online 8 Hour Annual In-Service Training Course$60.00
The 8 hour annual in-service training course is required in order to keep your security guard license in good standing, under State laws in NY.Book Now
Online 8 Hour Pre-Assignment + Fingerprints + Application Assistance$199.00
This package includes all you need to obtain a Security Guard License in NY: 8 Hr Pre-Assignment Course, Fingerprint + Background Check Fees.Book Now
Online 8 hour Pre Assignment +16 Hour On The Job Training Package$175.00
A package deal for those seeking to complete both the 8-hour pre-assignment training course in addition to the 16 Hour On-The-Job training course.Book Now
Online 8 Hour Pre-Assignment + 16 Hour On The Job Training + Fingerprints + Application Assistance$299.00
An all-inclusive security training and license package. Includes the Online 8 Hour Pre-Assignment and 16 Hour On-The-Job training courses.Book Now
Ready to become a security professional? Guardian Group Services offers all courses required to complete training as an unarmed security guard in NYS. All our online classes are approved by the New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services. To enroll in the security guard card online training and become a private security guard, applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be a citizen or resident alien of the U.S.
- Take the 8-hour pre-assignment training course, which you must complete and pass prior to applying to the New York Department of State Division of Licensing Services for a Security Guard Registration Card.
- To obtain your NYS Security Guard License after completing the 8 hour pre-assignment course, you must submit your fingerprints and pass the background check.
A security guard is a person employed in NYS to principally perform one or more of the following duties: monitoring premises, detaining trespassers, enforcing rules and regulations, providing customer service, and writing reports.
Their main purpose is to protect people and property from harm, theft, and unlawful activity. They may also provide deterrence, observation, detection, and reporting of unlawful or unauthorized activity. In some cases, security guards may also provide street patrol service or respond to security system alarms.
All security guards must complete an 8-hour guard card class before applying for a guard registration card from the Department of State. Within 90 days of being employed as a security guard, they must also complete a 16-hour on-the-job training course.
For additional official resources, please check
- NY State Division of Criminal Justice Services (Training Information)
- NY State Division of Licensing Services (Licensing Information)
- NY State License Expiration and Renewal Forms