8 Hr Pre-Assignment + NY Security License Package
Online 8 Hour Pre-Assignment + Fingerprints + Application Assistance
This package includes everything you need to obtain a Security Guard License in New York State: the 8 Hour Pre-Assignment Training Course, as well as all necessary fees for the fingerprints and background check for further processing by the Division of Licensing Services.
The 8 Hr Pre-assignment course is the first step required to become a security guard in New York. All security guards must to complete this course before applying to the Department of State for a Security Guard Registration Card.
This training offers the student a general outline of a security guard's duties and responsibilities. Some of the topics that are covered in this course are:
- The role of the security guard
- Legal powers and limitations
- Emergency situations
- Communications and public relations
- Access control
- Ethics and conduct
To successfully complete the unarmed security guard training, the student must pass an examination. A certificate will be provided after successful completion.
As a next step to get your NYS Security Guard License, our training school will schedule your fingerprints at a location near you and assist you with the application process with the New York State, Department of State, Division of Licensing.
This Package includes:
- 8 Hr Pre-Assignment Course
- Security License Fingerprint + Background Check Fees
Upon booking a zoom link will be sent.
About our Training:
- Approved by the New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services
- Taught by certified, experienced instructors
- We are an industry-renowned training school for Security Guards in New York
- All Security Courses are online, interactive classes
- Security guard applicants must be at least 18 years old to enroll
- Passing a background check is required to complete the process and obtain a Security Guard Card Registration
Once you pass the 8 Hr Pre Assignment course, get an active Security Guard License and within the 90 days of initial employment as a security guard, a 16-Hour On the Job Training Course must be completed. Thereafter, a yearly 8-Hour Annual In-service Training Course must be completed by all Security Guards in order to keep their license in good standing.
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM