ONLINE 8 HOUR PRE ASSIGNMENT +16 HOUR ON THE JOB TRAINING
NYS SECURITY LICENSE PACKAGE
A package deal for those seeking to complete both the 8-hour pre-assignment training course in addition to the 16 Hour On-The-Job training course. Start with the 8-hour online class on Mondays or Tuesdays, followed by the 16-hour class which takes place, online, over 2 days on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
The 8 Hr Pre-Assignment Course is the first step towards becoming an unarmed Security Guard in New York and is required by the NYS in order to apply for a Security Guard Registration Card with the Division of Licensing Services. Applicants are also required to complete fingerprints and background check before obtaining a Security Guard License.
After you get a NYS security guard license and within 90 days of initial employment as a security guard, you are required to complete a 16 Hour On-The-Job Training course.
Included in this package:
- 8 Hr Pre-Assignment Training Course
- 16 Hr On-The-Job Training Course for Security Guards
To enroll in this course applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be a citizen or resident alien of the U.S.
To complete the process and obtain a security license in NYS , students must:
- Meet the training requirements: Take the 8 hour pre assignment training course, which you must complete and pass prior to applying to the Department of State Division of Licensing Services for a Security Guard Registration Card.
- Submit fingerprint and pass the background check
- The 16 hour security guard training course must be completed within 90 days of employment as a security guard.
To keep your license in good standing, don't forget to complete the 8 Hour Annual In Service Training within 12 months of completing the 16-Hour On The Job Training.
This course pertains only to unarmed security guard training, not intended for armed security guards.
Read on to learn why our service training courses are considered the best in the industry and why Guardian Group Services has become a top Security Guard Training School.
Mon, Wed, Thu
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM