FDNY FIREGUARD PREP COURSE FOR F-01, F-02, F-03, F-04
This Fireguard test prep course shall better train students to successfully complete the FDNY Fireguard exams required for each certification at Fire Department Headquarters.
This course is a 4-hour, online training program that shall teach students the fireguard test requirements for the specific Certificate of Fitness level sought (F-01, F-02, F-03, or F-04 CoF).
Included in this program are fire guard test review questions and solutions; fire guard practice exams; and modules on fire guard job duties & responsibilities; building/home protection plans; understanding alarm systems & how to troubleshoot alarms.
This FDNY Fireguard test prep course prepares the student following Fireguard Certificate of Fitness licenses issued by the FDNY:
- F-01 Fireguard Test - Fire guard For Impairments - Where a required fire protection system is out of service, a fire watch must be kept in place by one or more individuals with an F01 Fireguard Certificate of Fitness.
- F-02 Fireguard Test - Fireguard For Shelters - Required by all Fire Guards in shelters where a sprinkler system is not installed or when a fire protection system is temporarily out of service.
- F 03 Fireguard Test & /F04 Fireguard Test - Fireguard For Public Assembly Safety Personnel (Permanent & Temporary) - Holding this Certificate of Fitness is required for individuals responsible for assisting in maintaining fire safety at an approved place of assembly (PA) or temporary place of assembly (TPA) at a specific location.
Some of the fire safety covered topics in this FDNY fire guard training course include but are not limited to:
- Learn the classifications of fires and the most effective approaches to combat them.
- Gain an understanding of portable fire extinguishers, a vital skill for any fire guard.
- Learn about emergency response for both fire and non-fire emergencies.
- Acquire comprehensive knowledge of fire protection systems, including sprinklers, standpipes, and fire alarm systems.
- Learn NYC fire codes and familiarize yourself with the types of questions frequently covered on the test.
- Gain a full understanding of the specific duties assigned to fire guards by the NYC fire code.
Students can head over to FDNY after passing, the headquarters are located within walking distance of our offices.
The FDNY certification exams generally consist of 20 multiple-choice questions, which are presented on a touchscreen computer display. All Fireguard License exams have a time limit. Based on the number of questions, you will have a 30-minute time limit to complete the test. In order to receive a Certificate of Fitness, you must pass with a score of at least 70%.
An FDNY Certificate of Fitness is only valid for the person to whom it is issued and may be utilized anywhere throughout New York City. A $25 new application fee is required, and a $15 renewal fee for those already holding a Certificate of Fitness. Generally, applications are reviewed and processed within 1-2 days.
This course is an ideal complement for Security Guards with active licenses.
Mon, Fri, Wed
Mon: 3:00 PM - 7:00 PM